It's a Dog's Life

It's a Dog's Life
Furry Four-legged Fun

Family Felines

Family Felines
Cats Rule and Dogs Drool

Won't You Be My Neigh-Bor?

Won't You Be My Neigh-Bor?
Ride 'Em Cowgirl(boy)

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a Feather
Flights of Fancy

Horse's Tail Won't Grow? Follow These Growth Tips

Friday, December 31, 2010

Horses' tails can be a great source of pride or a real problem. Some horse's tails never seem to grow. Some horses have tails that grow, but the horses keep rubbing them out or breaking them off. If you follow these simple steps, you can be on your way to a long, luxurious tail in no time.

First, you need to untangle your horse's tail. Do not ever use a comb of any kind on your horse. A comb will prevent you from gaining a long, luxurious tail more than any other grooming equipment you use on your horse. Use a stiff bristle human hair brush to detangle the tail.

Learning Proper Horse Tail Grooming by Megan Squire
Start at the bottom of the tail and work your way up to the top. Detangle small sections at a time. I like to spray the tail heavily with a spray shine product such as show sheen or laser sheen to help me get it untangled. If it is really bad, I use Cowboy Magic for detangling.

Once you have the entire tail detangled, you need to wash it. Any regular shampoo will do fine. I like to follow up with a good conditioner. If I am using my rapid growth formula, this is when I apply it to the roots and rub it in real good with my fingers.

The next step I do with my horse's tail is to braid it from the bottom of the tail to the bottom of the tail bone. Be sure to leave it loose around the bottom of the tail bone so it doesn't irritate your horse. I seal the very bottom of the braid with black plastic electrician's tape. Never use a rubber band, as this will break the hair.

As the tail grows longer, I fold the tail, doubling it up below the bone. Then I apply another piece of electrician's tape to secure the fold below the bone. This is all you need to do to give most horses the best chance to grow their tail naturally.

Author Resource
Written by Beth Moore
In order to dramatically increase the rate of growth, or for more subborn tails, you can go to Secret Tail Growth Secret and get the homemade rapid growth secret and more tail growth tips. Soon, all your friends will envy your horse's tail.

Article Source: ArticleSnatch Free Article Directory

0 comments:

Post a Comment